Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deism

I am officially a deist. Deism's premise of there's probably a higher power out there but he is away somewhere is what speaks to me the most at this time. I do believe the God of the Bible(OT&NT) exists but that he is withdrawn from the world, at least for the time being.


Life does not change if you are a believer or not a believer. The fact that many orthodox jews in the USA are impoverished (by choice O.O) in the USA and Israel, and that atheists and people of all different religions do well in life, does not lend credibility to the religious position.

In summing up the way I feel, to quote from the movie Serenity, "I ain't lookin for help from on high, that's a long wait for a train don't come." I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it at home and at my job I don't make enough for my own apartment. The only times I am happy is when I work or when I work out.

Even the Bible is party deist. The Israelites were slaves in ancient Egypt for 430 years ........................... and then God decides to do something, after much sweat, tears, and blood, and death.
All I can do now Is try to have fun, which I do indeed do, sometimes.
Anyways, about my blog ... the anger that I had when I first became SJ and this blog started ... simply does not exist anymore. However I do feel that I have a perspective that I can give whatever infenticimal percentage of the Jewish community that comes to my blog something to think about. I won't be hacking at the Bible since I believe it except for the personal God stuff, rather I'll send jabs at the Jewish religious establishment like the old SJ, except in a much calmer manner.

No comments: