Thursday, March 5, 2009

SJ on the Economy

Keynesian economics is back with Obama's Stimulus Bill, however that it seems to me that it may only be apart of the equation for getting the economy back up there.

I'm not an expert in economics, but to speak from an economics standpoint, a goal to me seems to be to bring the economy to an equilibrium in which maximum employment is reached, however there seems to me to be so many ways that government intervenes in the economy that warps market forces to a point that puts us further away from that equilibrium.

It might be that in order to improve the economy, people should think of ways in which government can stop intervening in the private sector and thus stop holding back the free market.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yawn. are you still alive? I hope not

SJ said...

in your honor I am going to make my next post.