Monday, June 22, 2009

Orthodox Madness

I don't get how our orthodox friends living in Israel can be so anti-homosexual and yet be so adamant about a separation of the genders.

It doesn't make sense.

While homosexuals aren't bad people, homosexuality should not be done, but with that, it simply does not make sense to separate the genders.


Both genders need to have the ability to interact with the opposite gender, and interaction with the opposite gender, to be normal people.

Now, let me diverge, and I'll talk about assimilation for a moment. Orthodox Judaism did not come up with shit that is of recreational value. Thus, to play a game of baseball is assimilating to one extent or another. So is a board game. A bicycle. A movie. A guitar. Bowling. There is a human need for fun, and having fun necessarily requires a certain extent of assimilation to one extent or another.

I'm going to finish with a joke. An orthodox rabbi and a priest went to lunch. The priest finished his steak. The rabbi kept asking, what is the halacha of putting the fork into the steak? What is the halacha of cutting the steak? What is the halacha of mash potatos? What is the halacha of condiments? What is the halacha of taking the first bite? What is the halacha of taking the second bite? Is there a bracha for the second bite? Is there a bracha for the last bite? What is the halacha of vegetables? What is the halacha of the bracha for having more than one thing on the plate? What is the halacha ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

7 comments:

SJ said...

Brilliant, I forgot to proofread "I don't think While homosexuals aren't bad people, homosexuality should not be done, but with that, it simply does not make sense to separate the genders." When I meant "While homosexuals aren't bad people, homosexuality should not be done, but with that, it simply does not make sense to separate the genders."

If only I was writing this as a satire piece.

Ari said...

Curious, with your consistent views on homosexuality how do you feel about abortion?

Also, I don't really catch the relationship you're trying to make between not supporting inter-gender relations before marriage and encouraging homosexuality.

Tee hee. Your jokes always make me laugh.

SJ said...

Asshole, my view on homosexuality is consistent, I didn't proofread. -.-''

Listen retard, I am not encouraging homosexuality just the opposite. learn to read english, not talmud. I'm calling you retard cause I know you know this and is giving me this bull shit, it's just a lack of proofreading on my part when I changed my sentence.

As far as abortion goes, as soon as there's fertilization, the genes are different and is thus a life unto itself, a whole new organism, a whole new human being.

Ari said...

Mr. SJ,

Honestly, I know you think homosexuality is unnatural. You've stated that in earlier posts. I was just curious if you also had a conservative approach to abortion or were more liberal in that instance.

I didn't even notice your error in the post the first time.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ari said...

* Hey, don't kill me but I just noticed your post a few down actually says how you feel about abortion as well - "life begins at conception"
Now I'm doubly sorry for agitating you.

Garnel Ironheart said...

Golly, you don't call me bad names like that. I feel so left out.

Unless I'm really Ari which means you did call me all those bad names.

Except I'm not Ari. Or SJ.

SJ said...

Garnel, consider yourself called an ass if you want it so badly. XD